Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Gourmet Chief Strikes Back - Almond Joy Pancakes

Almond Joy Pancakes


I tend to be a lot more adventurous in my cooking than I am in my actual eating habits. Amanda does a really good job of getting me to branch out and try new foods but I definitely think getting a chance to experiment on my own does get me to be creative with new dishes.

I previously posted a recipe for my Caramel Apple Pancakes that the girls love and thought I would try a new spin on pancakes with Almond Joy Pancakes.

Ingredients (Double Batch)

4 cups – Heart Smart Bisquick (Add additional mix as needed)

2 cups – Milk (Add additional milk as needed)

2 eggs

1/2 Cup - CocoReal Coconut Syrup (Found in Alcoholic Mixer Aisle - Alcohol not included and um not recommended)

1 cup - Slivered Almonds

1 1/2 cups - Chocolate Chips

1 cup - Sweetened Angle Flake Coconut


All measurements are a rough estimate. I tend to make my batter a little soupier for fluffier pancakes but feel free to make to your own preference (make sure you wait until everything is mixed together before adding additional milk or mix). You will also notice this is a double batch. These pancakes reheat really well and usually last us quite a while after freezing.


In a large mixing bowl combine the Bisquick, Milk, Eggs, Coconut Syrup, Almonds, Chocolate Chips, and Coconut Flakes. This is usually done better with a spatula vice whisk due to the almonds, chocolate chips, and coconut. As mentioned before I tend to make my batter soupier for fluffy pancakes but this is definitely a preference thing. From there make pancakes as you normally would (I usually use a 1/4 cup for pouring). Make sure to remix the batter every once in awhile to keep the almonds, chocolate chips, and coconut from sinking to the bottom.


As mentioned before this makes a double batch so freeze whatever you don't eat. To reheat just pull out how many you want from the freezer, stick on a cookie sheet, place in the oven, and turn the oven to 350 degrees. Usually by the time the oven pre-heats the pancakes are good to pull from the oven but if you oven is more proficient than ours then you might want to wait a few minutes.Enjoy.


Any other ideas to spice up breakfast or brinner (oh yes we are brinner aficionados)?



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely DELICIOUS! You make the best pancakes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe combines my two most favorite treats... can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete