Monday, October 11, 2010

i'm Alive!!!


Technically according to my Google Talk status "I'm alive and kicking". I say this because it has been forever since I have had a chance to blog. Not so much had a chance but really haven't had any interest in looking at a computer screen after spending 10 to 12 hours a day staring at a server (baffled most times). This last week has in my mind been the first week (in the last 2 months) that I really have felt that I was back assigned to a submarine (yes still new construction but still sucks). This means early mornings (to work-out before work) and late days troubleshooting and installing equipment and software. With all of this I can't thank Maddie and Amanda enough for their patience (though Amanda is used to this) while adjusting to the work load and dealing with my LAN that is an abomination (not kidding - this network is so over engineered and complicated that it didn't even make it a day getting turned over to me that something wasn't working).

Fortunately this long week was followed up by a long weekend to spend some time with the family, get some tasks done, and ultimately get some rest to recharge before starting the week all over again. I don't know if I am ready to start the week again but I am definitely thankful for the time to spend with my family (Thanks Columbus - though I don't understand how this is a holiday - oh well).

So some of the things we did this weekend:

Movie Night - Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue

Pretty much finished my Entertainment Center Project
(Blog post to follow)

Shopping for Christmas (Yes we get this done early)

Beer Run to Grape and Gourmet

Lowes Build and Grow Event with Maddie
(Blog post to follow)

Video Game time - Plants vs Zombies

Grown-up Only Movie Night(s) - Date Night and Iron Man 2



No comments:

Post a Comment